Hi! I'm April. Thank you for visiting my site! I specialize in capturing people in their element and I'm grateful to be able to co-create with my clients, so they are able to have a memory that encapsulates the essence of a moment for a lifetime.
Photography has been a passional of mine since I was 7. My dad was a professional photographer in Plano, Texas for 20 years until his health steered him back to teaching. He strongly encouraged me to go to school and get a job with benefits, therefore I earned an BA in Global Marketing, an MBA in International Business and worked in international business for 18 years. I found it was challenging to have balance in my life with this demanding job once I had kids. It was time for me to live my dreams of being a photographer and to get to be more present with my family. What would you like to create together??
How this works.....
If you have a photography need for portraits, product, social media, marketing, events and/or your website, call me, let's talk! We will discuss who, what, possible locations, looks, when, how, why and figure out what we can create. We can also discuss what to wear and props. It's normally safe to stay away from bright colors and bold patterns. Black, dark colors, natural colors and solids are usually your best bet on getting the most out of your pictures, but there are always exceptions.
Once the session is completed, I will send you a link to the fully edited, digital files and they are yours! If you'd like, I can order your prints (metal, canvas, metallic paper, etc) for you as well as create books for an additional fee(s). I don't offer packages, because I think everybody wants something different. :) I will be posting book examples, soon!
Commercial/Marketing ............................................. Quoted per project
Full Session - 60-90 minute session.....................................................$330
This session is good for family, portraits, branding and executive headshots and includes 75+ digital images files/images. We can work together to create the look and feel you desire. This also give you enough time for an outfit change or two! Studio or in a fun Dallas location! Will also include make-up touch ups and some editing.
Mini-Session - 30 minutes of photographing......................................$220
This mini-session includes slight makeup adjustments and minor editing. You will receive 40+ edited, digital photo files that you can use for printing or posting.
In - Studio Headshots/PORCHtraits - 20 minute session ..................$150
This session includes 20 minutes of photographing in studio or in an East Dallas location. You will receive 20+ edited, digital photo files that you can use for printing or posting.
On location, Organization or Corporate Executive Headshots and Executive Portraits are quoted per project.
Some editing is included. More advanced editing such as under eyes and wrinkle removal, tooth augmentation and skin enhancing will likely incur additional fees. I do not do body contouring.
Events.................................................start at $150 per hour
I would like to discuss the details of your wedding/event/idea before I'm able to give a quote. Some editing and enhancing are included in the event rate and you will receive all files. Additional editing or photo book creation can be discussed for an additional fee. Wedding or event books can be created upon request.
- April is amazing. She is patient and creative. I loved my family pics so much, I used her for my wedding. I had too many good pics to choose from... a good problem to have. I promise, you won't be disappointed! -Jean M.
- I highly recommend April. She did headshots for my two young daughters recently. It only did the pictures turn out beautifully, but she also provided a great experience for them - making them comfortable and getting their opinion on the shots she was taking. You can't go wrong with April! -Leah S.
- I was so impressed with April's creativity and ability to capture the spirit and excitement of the occasion! It didn't feel like there was a photographer even there! She was able to capture special moments with friends and family that were authentic and magical! - Shelly L.
- April is an amazing photographer with a natural, keen eye for detail. I have used her professional services on a number of occasions for my business. The results have been amazing for my marketing content! I admire her creativity behind the lens and her artistic coordinations and communication with the client is her strong point! -Carla P.
- April did an outstanding job capturing our beautiful moments for our engagement and also for our reception. She has a naturally artistic eye. She was gracious and communicative with all our family and friends. We will definitely use April again for any of our small or large parties. We highly recommend her!!! - Sally J.
More pictures on Instagram @aprilbarnesphotography